Instructions for Oral presenters
Please submit all digital files needed for your presentation in the back part of the hall at control desk. Technical specialists will help speakers to upload all files so everything is ready before each session. When the presentation is to be given, the file will be loaded in the meeting room.
Please come to the control desk at least 1,5 hours before the beginning of your session. In case your speech has been scheduled for morning session come to the control desk the day before your presentation.
- Please use the Microsoft PowerPoint* (*.ppt) or (*pptx), or Adobe Acrobat Reader (.pdf) to guarantee they will open successfully on an on-site PC.
- We recommend you to save your PowerPoint presentation using PPT(X) format instead of PPS.
- Please note that we cannot guarantee the quality of MacIntosh-based presentations, please check in advance (2 hours before your session starts) their Windows compatibility.
- Please prepare your presentation in 16:9 format (screens are in 16:9 aspect)
- JPG images are the preferred file format for inserted images. GIF, TIF or BMP formats will be accepted as well.
- Images inserted into PowerPoint are embedded into the presentations. Images that are created at a dpi setting higher than 200 dpi are not necessary and will only increase the file size of your presentation. Try to avoid overloading your presentation with unnecessary images.
- In case you have any videos in your presentation - please test your presentation with the on-site PC several hours before your presentation. Generally, the MPEG-1 and AVI format should work with no difficulties. Video inserted into MS PowerPoint 2010 and higher versions are embedded into the presentations.
- Only fonts that are included in the basic installation of MS-Windows will be available (English version of Windows). Use of other fonts not included in Windows can cause the wrong layout / style of your presentation.
- Suggested fonts: Arial, Times New Roman, Tahoma.
- If you insist on using different fonts, these must be embedded into your presentation by choosing the right option when saving your presentation, see details below:
- Click on „File“, then „Save As“
- Check the „Tools“ menu and select „Embed True Type Fonts“
How to save your presentation
- Please save your presentation in one of the following disc or medium:
- External portable hard drive
- USB flash disc
- Save all files associated with your presentation (PowerPoint file, movie / video files, etc.) to one folder / location.
- In case you are presenting more than one presentation during the event, save different presentations to different folders and name them clearly with the presentation code to avoid on-site misunderstandings and problems.
- Always make a backup copy of your presentation and save it on a different portable disc or medium than the original presentation.
How to submit your presentation on-site
Please come to the back part of the hall at control desk at least 1 ½ hour before the beginning of your session. In case your speech has been scheduled for morning session please come to the back part of the hall at control desk one day before the day of your presentation.
AV Equipment in each hall
- screen (ratio 16:9)
- presenter (remote control)
- sound system
- microphones (for lectern, head table, auditorium)
- During your lecture you will be using Remote Control for controlling your presentation
- Your own notebook will not be allowed to be used for presentation unless exceptionally scheduled
- All presentations will be deleted from all the PC used during the event
- We kindly ask all the speakers to keep the time of their presentations